the people along the sand all turn and look one way;
they turn their back on the land, they look at the sea all day.

as long as it takes to pass a ship keeps raising its hull;
the wetter ground like glass reflects a standing gull.

the land may vary more, but wherever the truth may be -
the water comes ashore and people look at the sea.

they cannot look out far, they cannot see in deep -
but when was that ever a bar for any watch they keep.







Thursday, December 31, 2009

Brother Crow

brother crow (a song)
by me, 4/2007

Hello again, Brother Crow
I hear you singing but I don't know
what you are saying to me with your song
but I will follow you on...

I hear you calling me, Brother Crow
through the darkness and through the cold
to a light in the shadows I see you fly
your shape is so strong against the sky...

you fly to the sun, you bring us light
feathers burned to black,  eyes as black as night
your voice is broken, but still so strong
your calling is never wrong…

hello again, brother crow
i hear you calling me, and here i go
to a light in the shadows i see you fly
i never hear you sing in the night…


Are you a healer? Are you a mage?
Do you hold the key to unlock my cage?
Do you foretell sorrow, or promise light?
I never hear you sing in the night.

In the morning you come to me, Brother Crow
Seek me out like sunrise and let me know
This is your message, this is your way,
I am alive another day

No comments:

Post a Comment