My Response to “10 Things Every Christian Should Know About Islam”
(see the original article in the link below...if you can stomach it)http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2013/07/05/10-things-every-christian-should-know-about-islam/
1. “Christian” and “American” are not the same thing.
2. The word “Christian” actually has no meaning – it was a name given to those who believe that Jesus is the “Christ” (which does mean Savior, Lord, Messiah).
3. There are two major divisions of Christianity – Protestant and Catholic. Protestants split away from the one Catholic church in the 1500’s to “protest” actions they thought were not godly. Martin Luther was the leader of the Protestant movement. Today, there are over 400 different Protestant denominations, who share some beliefs but differ on others. These include groups like Methodists, Baptists, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and so on.
4. Christian theology could be summed up this way: God loves all humans, but humans have sinned against God. In order to save humans from eternal punishment, God sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins so that whoever believes that will go to heaven and not hell.
5. Sadly, Christianity views Mohammed – as all other spiritual teachers except Jesus – to be at the very least evil, against God, and doomed to eternal damnation.
6. There is nothing in Christianity that correlates to the Five Pillars of Islam.
7. The vast majority of Christians are not American war-mongerers, corporate thugs or racists, and have not been involved in the domination and destruction of our nations…and are not responsible for the death of over one million innocent Iraqi citizens who were Muslim.
8. Christians can be some of the most loving, caring and hospitable people on earth.
9. Christians need deliverance from the delusion of Jesus as Son of God and Savior, and must learn the Five Pillars of Islam and honor them.
10. God loves Christians, and so should we. We must pray for them, so that the peace of Allah will fill their homes and lives.